Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are seeking a summer intern with expertise in wireless communications to support the 5G research and development for the next-generation Rivian’s Telematics system. In this role, you will contribute to the next-generation connectivity system in Rivian’s future electric vehicles.
- Work on exciting, next-generation Rivian’s Telematics system based on 5G
- Research on what 5G can bring in the future automotive domain using simulation and data analysis
- Develop an awesome tool to analyze real-world connectivity data for application to advancements in the Rivian’s Telematics system
- Develop an analytic model and metrics to monitor and track the performance of the vehicle wireless system
- Research and development on machine learning and artificial intelligent algorithms for the next-generation Rivian’s connectivity system
- Apply your imagination and wireless expertise to the exciting EV domain
- Pursuing a master’s degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Software Engineer, Computer Engineering or Electric Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Good understanding of wireless principles and cellular protocols
- Strong C, C++ or Python programming and debugging skills
- Strong first principles thinking along with excellent analytical, debugging and problem solving skills
- Preferably, familiarity with machine learning algorithms to solve real-world wireless problems in the automotive domain
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.