Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Develop work instructions, standardized work, process flow, and process documentation to ensure manufacturing process is being followed
- Work with design engineering team to develop and establish a design that lends itself to high production while ensuring built in high quality during the manufacturing process
- Participate in product and packaging reviews to evaluate process impact and provide feedback on build sequence, process time analysis, and investment requirements
- Perform time analysis using a standard motion time system (MODAPTS), estimate production times, staffing requirements, and costs
- Investigate assembly issues and implement solution by reviewing product design, process sequence plan, and builds affecting production and work during stages of New Product Launch - Null Series (Virtual Builds), Production Trials, and SOP using PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) approach
- Coordinate with team to determine and introduce optimum plant layout, equipment, tooling, and
- Work with production to outline allocation of resources throughout assembly area
- Work with injection mold engineers to drive improvements in the injection molds
This is what you’ll need:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong excel and office skills
- Experience with GD&T
- Program Management experience
- APQP experience
- 2D & 3D modeling experience
- Strong process skills, ability to comprehend a wide variety of manufacturing processes including torque, sub assembly, and general process flows
- Strong data management skills
- Strong communication skills to varying groups
- Mechanical engineering or Industrial engineering degree
- Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma experience is a plus
- High volume manufacturing operation a plus
- Minimum 5 years experience in automotive assembly shop
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.