Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Senior Quality Manager-Body will oversee and manage resolution for all internal and supplier quality issues centered around the body of the vehicle
• Ensure APQP execution to develop solid internal process capability. • Ensure PFMEA/Control Plans are validated and embedded into process
• Accountable for product and process validation and inspection reporting plans
• Ensure quality training on various topics are robust and implemented
• Accountable for problem resolution for all internal and supplier quality issues
• Ensure customer requirements and expectations are met
• Accountable for Continuous Improvement Activities
• Monitor, present, and develop action plans for internal plant quality performance metrics
• Utilize warranty and field quality input to develop quality improvement action plans
• Create and support a customer focused, data driven quality culture
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Technical team supervisory skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated project management skills
• APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) experience
• Problem solving experience • Manufacturing/assembly process experience
• Automotive PPAP and Quality Systems knowledge
• Metrology equipment knowledge • Statistical process control / control charts
• Good electronic communication software skills (MS Office, email, etc.)
• 6 Sigma blackbelt desired
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.