Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Quality Systems Lead Auditor will ensure compliance to RIVIAN Quality Policies and Processes used to implement RIVIAN Quality Strategy. Evaluate the performance of the internal processes against written standards, procedures, work instructions and drive improvements from the findings. Ensure adherence to quality standards, quality plans and procedures, review and record objective evidence of audits.
• Ensure compliance to RIVIAN Quality Policies and Processes to implement Quality Strategy.
• Verify consistency within processes and systems, lead data driven improvement and/or change in process to meet requirements.
• Responsible to lead internal audit program for Enterprise Quality and manufacturing processes; determine, track, and deliver audit KPIs.
• Perform internal audits, layered process and product audits to evaluate performance against internal policies, procedures, standards, work instructions, etc. and track audit findings to closure.
• Prepare internal audit report, document and record audit findings, follow up and track for on time resolution.
• Maintain RIVIAN Quality system audit schedule and corrective actions database.
• Assist leadership team to resolve any issue impacting customer and/or RIVIAN Quality system requirements.
• Collaborate with cross functional team to evaluate and prevent any compliance issues or concerns affecting RIVIAN Quality.
• Support Customer and/or external audits and track findings to closure.
• Act as resource for promoting and monitoring of the Quality Management System.
• Guide manufacturing plant during regulatory and/or certification processes. with cross functional team.
• Ensure adherence to quality standards, quality plans and procedures, review and record objective evidence of audits.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering, or related field.
• 7+ years’ experience in Manufacturing, Quality Systems and process background, including Advance Product Quality Planning, Manufacturing and Launch Process, QMS Auditing, Problem Solving, Lean methods, etc.
• ISO 9001, IATF 16949 QMS Lead Auditor Certification required.
• VDA 6.3, VDA 6.5 or similar Process Auditor Certification, a plus.
• AIAG Core Tools training and ASQ CQA Certifications, a plus.
• Experience leading internal audit programs and EU/CCC CoP and certification activities.
• Experience launching quality systems with cross-functional teams.
• Experience with leading large-scale continuous improvement activities.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.