Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The SME Polyworks position is responsible for quality system planning and performance Normal Lab. This position utilizes the combined skills of data analysis, manufacturing process knowledge, automotive quality tools to support and improve a build team’s quality performance.
• Create and maintain automated, production-ready metrology programs for dimensionally inspecting automotive components and assemblies (Polyworks programming experience preferred)
• Accurately read and interpret drawings and CATIA CAD models
• Strong background in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
• Lead standardization and optimization of production measurement methods and techniques
• Create clear and precise inspection reports for various types of metrology equipment and measurement studies
• Develop novel methods to accurately and precisely measure automotive components, assemblies, and complete bodies
• Assist with analysis of measurement results in order to facilitate and expedite problem solving and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes
• Perform measurement system analysis studies (Gauge R&R) for metrology equipment
• Mentor junior associates and help create internal training plans
• Assist in the creation of metrology standard work, maintenance, and operational documentation
• Perform other functions as required
·• Minimum 3 years of practical experience with manufacturing, fixture design, or metrology equipment (or 4 year technical degree and 1 year of experience)
• Polyworks (or similar) programming or inspection experience
• Strong knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
• Knowledge of Statistical Process Control
• Must have strong attention to details
• Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks
• Must be able to think analytically
• Must exhibit resourceful and creative problem solving skills
• Must have ability to create clear technical reports
• Practical skills with Microsoft Office or similar tools
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.