Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Oversee Interior/Exterior Design components such as Headlamps/wheels/steering wheels/switches/seats and various other components in development of both production and concept vehicles from initial designs to final production.
- Creative thinker with an outlook of modern design visions, with the focus of an Outdoor Adventure brand disrupting industry standards in the OEM space.
- Possess a high degree of creativity and have an ability to motivate others in design execution, styling, and appeal to the Rivian Brand.
- Excellent 2D visual communication and ability to present design ideation.
- Support clay/digital/hard modeling as necessary to achieve expectations for design theme.
- Be able to perform and present benchmarking of competitive vehicles.
- Comply with regulatory and feasibility requirements.
- The ability to create high quality 2d Sketching along with 3D modeling to support design proposals.
- Build a rapport and interact with suppliers.
- Taking pride and ownership of your project.
- Above all, a team player and self-motivated.
- Communicate to the modeling teams both clay and digital 3D CAD (incl. Alias.)
- Bachelor or equivalent in Automotive Design or related field.
- Minimum 5+ years of professional design experience at an Automotive Design studio.
- Proficient in ALIAS and Photoshop.
- A proven track record of having designed previous Production/Concept vehicles.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.