Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Perform mid to expert level break-fix & preventative maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: observing devices in operation to location root cause of problem; dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective parts; examining parts to detect imperfections; adjustment of functional parts of devices and control instruments; repair and/or replacement of defective parts; testing of device to observe performance; and performing tests for electrical circuitry and mechanical systems; reconditioning and repairing machine tools
- Identify and source parts, supplies and repair items as necessary
- Independently perform maintenance as per industry standards
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform welding tasks
- Comply with 5S and housekeeping standards
- Drive and participate in CI activities - processes, results and cost savings
- Update records and reviews CMMS history
- Troubleshoot and analyze control systems to resolve software/ hardware and configuration problems
- Utilize predictive maintenance technologies to collect equipment performance data
- Provide assistance to lower level technicians and leadership to small teams. Perform more advanced functions as a part of training and development
- Complete on-the-job and technical self-study programs for career development
- Follow all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions
This is what you’ll need:
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED) Preferred
- Understand electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control systems. Can analyze problems and perform repairs
- A good understanding and knowledge in PLC communication and programming
- Ability to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate
- May be required to travel
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.