Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Body in White Manager will oversee and manage the Body and White Quality Group.
• Oversee all aspects of quality APQP for the Body In White Design and pre-production builds
• Establish strategic plans, policies and procedures at all levels to deliver with exceptional quality
• Determine, track, and deliver key system KPI’s
• Work closely with the Reliability Team, Prototype, and Production Teams to ensure a seamless transition
• Demonstrate system capability through application of statistical analysis of attribute and variable data
• Train, coach and develop employees to exceed our customer’s expectations for overall quality and vehicle craftsmanship
• Ensure product and process designs deliver high levels of capability
• Drive Prediction, Prevention, and Protection of quality issues and devise risk mitigation solutions by leading cross functional teams
• Lead the quality function for product design, development, validation, launch, warranty, and continuous improvement for your system
• Bachelors in Engineering, Masters Preferred
• Strong statistical and problem-solving capability, Six Sigma Black Belt Preferred
• 8-10 years’ experience with demonstrated leadership in New Product and Process Development
• Experience with AIAG, APQP and related tools
• Ability to manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations simultaneously • Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment
• Proven technical knowledge and ability to collaborate with engineering, manufacturing, and suppliers
• Comfortable working in a manufacturing / production environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.