Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will...
Ensure Static and Dynamic attributes deliver to the highest level of Vehicle Craftsmanship utilizing Optic, Haptic, Acoustic, and Olfactic senses
·Evaluate products to ensure they the meet customer expectations of craftsmanship by using a defined craftsmanship scoring process. You will inspect all visible parts of the vehicle in a static state and also conduct on-road testing. You will ensure that the products meet design intent for Optic, Haptic, Acoustic, and Olfactic attributes.
· Collaborate with teams from Engineering, Manufacturing, and Supplier Quality to establish Root Cause Analysis and to correct defects
· Communicate and demonstrate Risk Analysis and avoidance through Cross Functional Team collaboration
· Conduct daily vehicle audits and leadership status review
· Define enhancements to demerit target score
· Conduct benchmarking of competitive vehicles
· Integrate and share solutions with teams from across the enterprise
· Continuously improve quality audit processes and procedures
· Interface with cross-functional teams on audit methodology and calibration
· Drive issue resolution from discovery through validation / closure
· 4 Year Technical degree or equivalent work experience
· Experience with Craftsmanship is a plus
· High aptitude for overall appearance / function
· Critical Eye for detail
· Knowledge in manufacturing processes
· Experience utilizing Root Cause analysis systems PPS, DMAIC
· Ability to Sort, summarize and cross reference data sets utilizing a variety of software including Excel and JIRA
· Visual Color Aptitude
· Basic knowledge of CATIA
· Basic understanding of GD&4 Year Technical degree or equivalent work experience
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.