Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Drivetrain is the heart of the vehicle. It makes the vehicle come to life- literally. On the mechanical side of Powertrain, we develop gearboxes, structures and work cross functionally with the Electrical team to give our vehicles the power to adventure on.
- Design, development, and validation support for electric vehicle Powertrain systems, including motor, gearbox, and other related components for Next Gen. Rivian products
- Design and implement test fixtures and instrumentation
- Troubleshooting test setups, executing tests, and analyzing results with design engineers
- Identify efficiency improvements to the testing process, methods to improve the feedback of testing results to the design team, and ways to improve the correlation between testing and simulation
- Perform powertrain analysis using CAE methods to confirm or recommend design changes to improve driveline durability using a damage assessment study
- Pursuing a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar Engineering degree at the time of application (Junior-Senior preferred)
- FSAE, Baja, Eco-Car, E-Car or similar mobility club experience preferred
- Working knowledge of basic ME principles (Static, Analysis, Stiffness etc.)
- CAD Modeling Skills, Manufacturing Exposure (prototype), testing, stack-up analysis (College or Previous internship preferred)
- A desire to find more efficient ways of taking and processing big data sets
- Strategic thinking with high level of resiliency and patience
- Self-motivated and committed to deliver high quality work on time
- Personal interest in outdoors and healthy lifestyle is a plus
- Working Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.