Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Software Infrastructure team at Rivian supports all aspects of change lifecycle to ensure a timely and quality vehicle software release. Our team builds Software build and test automation frameworks, frontend applications and defines/deploys toolset and processes to increase software quality and organization productivity.
- Bring your skills to an existing team of talented DevOps engineers within Rivian's software infrastructure organization and help ensure a fresh modern approach to our development and build processes
- Build, diagnose and troubleshoot core infrastructure service issues related to source control, build and test infrastructure for embedded firmware releases
- Be a subject matter expert to internal Rivian teams on build, testing, automation and DevOps practices
- Help modernize and shape best practices and tooling around the existing DevOps culture within a growing software organization
- Participate in a 24/7 On call rotation for internal developer clients
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related program
- 5+ yrs of programming experience (Python preferred)
- 5+ yrs of experience with implementing and maintaining large scale systems
- Experience with full-stack development
- Experience with version control and review systems (Git, BitBucket/Gerrit, etc.)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other orchestration tools
- Ability to thrive under pressure, ambiguity and time constraints
- Experience with build systems (Scons/Make etc)
- Experience with Unit Test, SIL, HIL test frameworks and methodologies
- Knowledge of AWS services related to CI/CD/CT
- Prior automotive experience is a plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.