Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Software Infrastructure team at Rivian supports all aspects of change lifecycle to ensure a timely and quality vehicle software release. Our team builds Software build and test automation frameworks, frontend applications and defines/deploys toolset and processes to increase software quality and organization productivity.
- Bring your skills to an existing team of talented DevOps engineers within Rivian's software infrastructure organization and help ensure a fresh modern approach to our development and build processes
- Build, diagnose and troubleshoot core infrastructure service issues related to source control, build and test infrastructure for embedded firmware releases
- Be a subject matter expert to internal Rivian teams on build, testing, automation and DevOps practices
- Help modernize and shape best practices and tooling around the existing DevOps culture within a growing software organization
- Participate in a 24/7 On call rotation for internal developer clients
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related program
- 5+ yrs of programming experience (Python preferred)
- 5+ yrs of experience with implementing and maintaining large scale systems
- Experience with full-stack development
- Experience with version control and review systems (Git, BitBucket/Gerrit, etc.)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other orchestration tools
- Ability to thrive under pressure, ambiguity and time constraints
- Experience with build systems (Scons/Make etc)
- Experience with Unit Test, SIL, HIL test frameworks and methodologies
- Knowledge of AWS services related to CI/CD/CT
- Prior automotive experience is a plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.