Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Our Facilities are a vibrant, fast paced mix of visitors, employees, and full of fun and adventure. The Customer Experience Associate role is critical to establish Security on our sites while creating a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. As the first Rivian representative encountered when someone enters a building, the Customer Experience Associate plays a large role in both operational flow and facility safety. Through interaction with visitors & staff, the Customer Experience Associate efficiently guides them to their proper destination or facilitates access to the site.
- Greet Visitors as you are positioned as first line Security to welcome everyone who comes through the door.
- Establishing contact to can guide visitors or employees to the appropriate destination. The Customer Experience Associate presence and interest establishes the first line of Security for Rivian.
- Perform Security Measures, such as managing the visitor management system or an entry log, and perform COVID associated tasks.
- Administer and control building access and check-in procedure such as issueing badges for guests or employees and asking questions to people who seem out of place, and walking around to observe.
- Report and troubleshoot problems and remain calm, be well-versed on what to do if a potentially unwanted situation arises. Communicating information to others in the building, such as providing a description of an unauthorized visitor.
- Identify and report possible hazards, such as a lightbulb that needs changing or an icy entranceway, and relay observations to maintenance.
- At least 3-5 years experience in Security and Customer Experience related roles
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study
- A High degree of organization, prioritization and awareness with the ability to multitask efficiently
- Memorization so you know the names and routines of those who work in the facility or frequently come by, spotting intruders or unusual activity
- Excellent communication skils
- Competent in Microsoft office and security related access control software
- Ability to adapt on the fly and change with environmental needs while attending to detail on what’s transpiring in the building, including visitors, safety violations, and security breaches
- To be open, transparent and honest
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.