Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead Product Development team in development of driveline components though testing and validation.
- Develop, maintain and track validation testing (DVPR) for powertrain system
- Develop requirements and validation methods for calculations and algorithms
- Be responsible for delivering validation procedures that include test equipment, apparatus, and location as well as implementing and executing the validation procedure and documenting the validation results
- Be responsible for documenting requirements and issues using an implemented tracking/management system for both requirements and issues
- Complete root cause analysis using Rivian methods to document and correct any issues found in testing. This may include performing calculations and analysis on components for life and stress.
- Work with test operations group to schedule and perform testing to meet program objectives
- Coordinate with our groups for vehicle testing and verifications.
- Be responsible for leading and approving professional level testing reports on results
- Be responsible for tracking and reporting development status and risk to management
- BS in Engineering with a minimum 8+ years of relevant experience required
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience developing and implementing electric vehicle requirements and/or validation
- Experience managing and leading teams through validation and development of drivelines, eAxles or similar applications.
- Application and experience in root cause analysis and the methods/tools to solve problems
- Understanding and experience in the application and failure analysis of: Gears, bearings, shafts, electric motors, and other driveline components.
- Full understanding of system level powertrain DV and PV testing and the test methodology for developing a validation plan to meet reliability and confidence values.
- Experience with vendors providing full service testing and/or dynamometer and dynamometer-related equipment
- Fundamental understanding of electric powertrains
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.