Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Lead the Service Desk team (with or without supervisory authority) that is responsible for resolving Level 1 and Level 2 IT support tickets for all employees (onsite and remote) – Technology and Applications
- Occasionally provide Level 1 and Level 2 support by taking remote control of the end user device and troubleshoot IT/Desktop issues
- Diagnosis and resolution of computer hardware, software, and network issues for the executives and VIP users
- Assist in initial troubleshooting of the network issues – Port testing, Bandwidth monitoring, Shared drive issues, etc.
- Incident and Service request Management – Responding, tracking, resolving, updating, and reporting of escalated/assigned tickets as per the Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Coordinate the work with the service desk admins and other IT groups to achieve the committed SLAs and deliver world-class customer service
- Adhere to the End User Computing policies (including desktop group policies), standards, and procedures for hardware and software
- Provide the first line of defense for end-user computing support within IT
- Help develop IT tools and processes to promote efficient and effective end user support practices
- Documentation of IT knowledge base for internal IT use, or broader employee reference as appropriate
- Set up new user accounts and workstations
- Teach new employees basics around relevant IT systems
- Support office technology – such as printers, video conference units, and digital whiteboards
- Collaborate with remote IT team members to build and maintain positive, productive team relationships
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
- Look to improve all aspects of the It Service Desk functions continually
This is what you’ll need:
- 6+ years in a Service Desk Admin role (IT Service/Help Desk) and at least 2+ years of leading a service desk team
- High School education required – Bachelor’s degree and IT Certifications preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Provide professional and empathetic technical support to our end users while managing service request queue
- Help keep our end users productive by documenting, monitoring, and resolving issues quickly.
- Experience with Wired/Wireless networks, VPN, Collaboration tools (Chat and Video Conferencing), A/V devices, and conference room systems.
- Support Experience with Office365, all major browsers, 3rd party popular applications, encryption software, anti-virus solutions, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDIs), DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, file and printing services, and shared drives
- Familiarity with the standard helpdesk ticketing tools (ServiceNow, Jira)
- Ability to coordinate and communicate at all levels within the organization – Business Stakeholders, Vendors, Suppliers, Senior Managers, and C-Level Execs
- Tech Savvy – Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
- Passion for Customer Support – A drive to help end users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from helping end users get what they need in a timely manner
- Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests and prioritize them based on impact
- Discipline – The discipline to actively manage help desk tickets and internal IT tasks without getting distracted by email, chat, or other ad-hoc communication
- A Teacher – Able to teach end users about IT technologies or solutions to their issues in an easy-to-understand way
- Self-Starter – The ability to actively look for effective tasks such as Knowledgebase updates to complete in times of low tickets
- Ability to articulate technical solutions to non-technical users in simple and easy to understand terms
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Information Technology
Location: Irvine, CA, Normal, IL
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.