Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Develop and implement Service Desk and User Access Provisioning processes and procedures
- Manage the daily activities of the Level 1/Level 2 IT support team/s and assist the team in following the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices
- Develop, Track, Report, and Improve agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and End User Experience Agreements (XLAs)
- Train, coach, and mentor the Service Desk team in delivering world-class end-user experience by achieving the highest First Level Resolution rate
- Provide inputs and adhere to the End User Computing policies (including desktop group policies), standards, and procedures for hardware and software
- Identify and address the automation needs in the IT service delivery and end-user onboarding processes
- Analyze the Service Desk ticket/call trends and generate statistical reports to improve our customer service experience continuously
- Manage escalations at the Service Desk level and act as a single point of contact for the IT senior leadership team, business stakeholders, and other IT groups
- Plan and address Service Desk staffing needs to deliver consistent IT Support
- Ensure that the Service Desk agents are meeting and exceeding expectations in regards to performance, metrics, and provide effective customer service
- Build and maintain the IT support Knowledge Base and leverage the same to implement self-help tier 0 support
- Participate in additional technology initiatives as required
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions at all levels
- Collaborate with members of the information security, network, and cloud teams to ensure consistent IT services to our business users
- Look to improve all aspects of the Service Desk functions continually
This is what you’ll need:
- At least 10-12 years (or relative) in a Service Desk and Desktop Support role, where you learned the nuances of IT Support
- At least 4-5 years experience of managing the Service Desk team – hiring, coaching, and reviewing the staff
- Bachelor’s degree and ITIL Foundation Certification preferred
- Passion for Customer Support – A drive to help end-users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from assisting end-users in getting what they need on time
- Experience with the standard helpdesk ticketing tools (Preferably ServiceNow and Jira)
- Experience in supporting Windows-based and Mac-based workstations in a corporate environment leveraging ConfigMgr, Microsoft Intune, Jamf (Casper), and other system management tools
- Basic knowledge of Wired/Wireless networks, VPN, Collaboration tools (Chat and Video Conferencing), A/V devices, and conference room systems.
- Support Experience with Office365, all major browsers, 3rd party popular applications, encryption software, anti-virus solutions, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDIs), DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, file and printing services, and shared drives
- Ability to coordinate and communicate at all levels within the organization – Business Stakeholders, Vendors, Suppliers, Senior Managers, and C-Level Execs
- Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests and prioritize them based on impact
- Discipline – The discipline to actively manage help desk tickets and internal IT tasks without getting distracted by email, chat, or other ad-hoc communication
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.