Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Build and lead a high-performance End User Computing (EUC) and Messaging (O365/Exchange) team which is responsible for architecting, designing, deploying, and maintenance of our EUC and O365 solutions such as ConfigMgr (SCCM), Jamf (Casper), MBAM (Encryption-BitLocker), Anti-Virus platform, Group Policies, Desktop Imaging, O365, Azure AD, and Intune
- Define and drive the strategic roadmap of EUC and Messaging engineering services and operations
- Responsible for all end-user devices/software at various locations in the company, including engineering sites, retail sites, service facilities, charging locations, and other locations as agreed upon with the leadership team.
- Define and own the desktop engineering standards for all IT Equipment – Laptops (Windows and Macs), Mobile Devices, Tablets, Desktops, Workstations, and Printers
- Directly manage EUC and Messaging Engineers, including hiring, training, coaching, remediation, and performance reviews
- Define and be accountable for customer satisfaction (CSAT), Service Level Agreements (SLA), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and Experience Level Agreements (XLA) for all EUC and Messaging services
- Develop business and technical architectures for the End User Computing and Messaging platforms to be in alignment with the enterprise architecture principles & vision. Contribute to the development of broader infrastructure architecture.
- Automate EUC, O365 enrollment, and user onboarding processes to deliver a world-class new hire experience
- Lead testing practices to ensure software updates don’t negatively impact critical business applications or user experience.
- Architect Modern Desktop Management strategy that meets the business needs of a modern and rapidly growing organization to deliver consistent, secure, and scalable end-user services
- Develop and maintain End User Computing policies (including desktop group policies, Email & Data retention, and Print Services) standards, and procedures
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
- Collaborate with members of the information security, network, and cloud teams to ensure images and support model meet user requirements and align with the overall IT technology portfolio, processes, and procedures
- Look to continually improve all aspects of the End User Computing and O365 functions
This is what you’ll need:
- 12+ Years of experience with End User Computing and Messaging areas of IT Engineering
- 8+ years of leadership experience in managing a high-performance EUC & O365 engineering team
- Bachelor’s is required for this position
- The innovative mindset in creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Results-Oriented approach (drive results) - Consistently achieves results, even under challenging circumstances
- Ability to handle conflict situations effectively, with a win-win mindset
- Experience in attracting and managing top talent – attracts, selects, and motivates the best talent to meet current and future needs of the organization
- Effective Communication – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear message to different audiences. Fosters open communication with all stakeholders.
- Portfolio Management Skills – Plans, prioritizes, sequences, and manages a portfolio of work to maximize delivery of business value
- Technical Acumen – Pursues continuous learning and application of technologies to achieve the desired business, architectural, and productivity outcomes
- Experience with: ConfigMgr (SCCM), Jamf (Casper), Active Directory, Windows Upgrades, Group Policy, Application and Desktop Virtualization (VDIs), Mobile Device and Applications Management (MDM/MAM), Windows/OS Migration/Upgrades, Office365 Suite Support, Exchange Administration, Level 3 escalation support, DNS, NTP, DHCP, LDAP, wired and wireless networking
- Tech Savvy – Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization – Business Stakeholders, Senior Managers, and C-Level Execs
- Passion for Customer Support – A drive to help end-users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from assisting end-users in getting what they need on time
- Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests and prioritize them based on impact
- Discipline – The discipline to actively manage incidents, service requests, projects, and internal IT tasks without getting distracted by email, chat, or other ad-hoc communication
- A Teacher – Able to teach end-users about IT technologies or solutions to their issues in an easy to understand the way
- Self-Starter – The ability to actively look for improvements and automation
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.