Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Develop and implement Desktop Support policies, processes, and procedures
- Manage the daily activities of the desktop support team and guide them in resolving multi-level issues
- Manage desktop support projects such as OS upgrades, office moves, and technology rollouts
- Train, coach, and mentor desktop support technicians
- Provide inputs and adhere to the End User Computing policies (including desktop group policies), standards, and procedures for hardware and software
- If required, perform desktop imaging – New machine setup, PC refreshes, and Hardware replacements
- Provide Level 2 advanced IT Support for all employees (onsite and remote)
- Develop, Track, Report, and Improve agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and End User Experience Agreements (XLAs)
- Manage escalations at the second line of defense for end-user computing support within IT
- Plan and address desktop support staffing needs to deliver consistent IT support
- Track IT assets and produce periodic reports for the senior management reviews
- Participate in additional technology initiatives as required - Assisting with server and network upgrades, OS upgrades, office moves, technology rollouts, and onsite/offsite meeting coordination
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions at all levels (Especially with VIPs and Executives)
- Collaborate with members of the information security, network, and cloud teams to ensure consistent IT services to our business users
- Look to improve all aspects of the Desktop Support functions continually
This is what you’ll need:
- At least 10-12 years (or relative) in a Desktop Support role, where you learned the nuances of IT Support
- At least 4-5 years experience of managing the Desktop Support team – hiring, coaching, and reviewing the staff
- At least 2-3 years experience in VIP and Executive support
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with: Deploying, updating, optimizing, and troubleshooting Windows-based and Mac-based workstations in a corporate environment leveraging ConfigMgr, Microsoft Intune, Jamf (Casper), and other system management tools
- Experience with Wired/Wireless networks, VPN, Collaboration tools (Chat and Video Conferencing), A/V devices, and conference room systems.
- Support Experience with Office365, all major browsers, 3rd party popular applications, encryption software, anti-virus solutions, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDIs), DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, file and printing services, and shared drives
- Familiarity with the standard helpdesk ticketing tools (ServiceNow, Jira)
- Ability to coordinate and communicate at all levels within the organization – Business Stakeholders, Vendors, Suppliers, Senior Managers, and C-Level Execs
- Tech Savvy – Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
- Passion for Customer Support – A drive to help end-users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from assisting end-users in getting what they need on time
- Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests and prioritize them based on impact
- Discipline – The discipline to actively manage help desk tickets and internal IT tasks without getting distracted by email, chat, or other ad-hoc communication
- Ability to articulate technical solutions to non-technical users in simple and easy to understand terms
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.