Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Work with cross functional teams (software, HIL, systems, mechanical, electrical) to develop software unit, HIL, and pack level test cases for BMS
- Define and execute HIL, pack, and vehicle level regression testing
- Unit test in model-based/code-based environment
- Take, present, and analyze logs for BMS performance
- Work with other ECU software teams to root cause bugs and assign fix to relevant BMS teams
- Track bug fix through to completion of successful battery and vehicle tests
- Minimum BS degree in Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical Engineering. MS degree is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ industry experience developing HIL, pack, or vehicle level test cases for BMS software features and regression test
- Experience with data acquisition and calibration software (CANalyzer, CANape or similar xcp/ccp interface tools, JTAG/DAP interface debuggers)
- Experience with flash tools and software release pipelines
- Experience with executing test cases independently for at least two of these types of testing: pack, HIL, or vehicle
- Familiarity with model-based design and being able to view and analyze models and C codes (development experience is a plus) Experience with requirement and issue tracking management tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Good team player with great communication skills.
- Self-motivated: Demonstrated ability to set direction and guide the team towards it.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.