Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
· Debug functional issues on the vehicle where the root cause could span across any combination of physical, electrical, and software issues.
· Champion vehicle level features from their definition to fully functioning state.
· Lead the integration of cross domain vehicle features and architecture implementations.
· Maintain a high level overview of the current state of each new software release branch.
· Triage bugs and perceived issues, escalating when appropriate and driving to resolution.
· Provide vehicle wide expertise in the integration and bring-up of new architectures and component revisions thus ensuring that new configurations work as expected.
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field.
· 5+ years of experience working on electromechanical devices.
· Software development experience. Able to read/debug code, familiar with git, jira, and software development lifecycle.
· Ability to take large concepts, decompose into realizable deliverables and work with team members to distribute tasks and execute individual responsibilities with minimal guidance.
· Ability to thrive under pressure and time constraints, apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results.
· Good communication, able to convey both detailed explanations and high level status updates and know when each is appropriate.
· Automotive, CAN, Ethernet experience a plus.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: System Integration
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.