Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Use best-practices, experience, & talents to create drivers for production ECUs:
o Interpret electronics hardware (ability to read and interpret schematics) and functional software requirements into executable code
o Utilize a variety of debug tools to aid and speed your development
o Apply ISO-26262 safety standards in the creation, unit testing, & review of your code
o Coordinate & work with engineers across multiple disciplines to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks:
o Collaborate with software engineers to integrate application-layer software into RTOS
o Collaborate with validation engineers to test your models & firmware functionality
o Collaborate with electrical engineers to devise the best circuit design for hardware/firmware compatibility
o Share progress & participate in code reviews with algorithm & control systems designers
o Work with other firmware engineers on the evolution of Rivians’ platform, contributing to projects such as:
o Bootloader Development
o New proprietary drivers
o Over-the-air (OTA) data transfer
· Grow and mature as the development and production process evolves:
o Transition between C-programming and Model-based-design; from the creation of device drivers in C, up to algorithm development and function controls in MBD
o Apply lessons learned to future designs and firmware implementations
o Take on new responsibilities for peripheral drivers and chipsets as they become available
· 4+ years of work experience in the battery and/or automotive industries
· At least a bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline (CS or EE preferred)
· Experience with programming and embedded systems; Well-versed with software development & C programming
· Previous programming experience on Battery Management Systems, or other automotive ECUs
· Previous experience in automotive product development or extreme safety environments
· Excellent problem-solving skills; reliant on core engineering principals & common sense
· Strong communication, multitasking, & inter-personal skills, both in presentation & technical writing
. Familiarity with Vector tools such as CANalyzer, Canapé
· Versed with requirements management tools ( e.g. JAMA, Doors, etc.) & issue tracking tools ( Jira, Bugzilla )
· Previous experience with product launches and working to a schedule
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.