Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Be our feature champion for highly distributed features
- Champion vehicle level features from their definition to fully functioning state.
- Lead the architecture design and technical execution for end-to-end system features.
- Define technical solutions that meet the functional requirements, in addition to Security, Safety, and Performance targets.
- Decompose the product requirements into components, interfaces, dynamic behaviors, and resource consumption targets.
- Support and review the software and hardware design, implementation and test cases
- Coordinate the roll out and integration of cross domain vehicle features.
- Work with test and integration engineers to ensure full test coverage is defined and implemented for software feature implmentations.
- Align in-vehicle software with the greater Rivian eco-system including cloud based telemetry, OTA capabilities, mobile app, service integrations, and more.
- Work across the company to contribute to a cohesive variant management strategy that operates efficiently. Including but not limited to software build configurations, upgrade capabilities for customer vehicles, and ability to properly test different vehicle configurations on the assembly line.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience working on electromechanical devices.
- Strong organizational skills able to keep all stakeholders informed and engaged throughout project life cycle.
- Software development experience. Able to read/debug code, familiar with Git, Jira, and software development lifecycle.
- Ability to take large concepts, decompose into realizable deliverables and work with team members to distribute tasks and execute against the plan with minimal guidance.
- Ability to multitask and apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results.
- Good communication, able to convey both detailed explanations and high level status updates and know when each is appropriate.
- Automotive, CAN, Ethernet experience a plus.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.