Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
In this role, you will be responsible of Rivian’s end-to-end System Requirements definition, covering in-vehicle and digital platforms functional and non-functional features. You will drive cross-functional teams to manage technical requirements specifications, and use a hierarchical architectural breakdown to decompose the vehicle requirements into concrete and measurable system, subsystem, and component level requirements.
You will drive requirements throughout the product development lifecycle, including Architecture Hardware/Software Development, System Integration and Test. You will ensure full Requirements traceability, and compliance to industry standards such as ASPICE and ISO 26262. You will contribute to overall process and workflow improvement, and create training materials to ensure adoption of the process throughout the Engineering organization.
This is what you’ll need:
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in System Engineering,
• Knowledge of state-of-the-art requirement and issue management / collaboration tools (JAMA, JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
• Automotive industry experience
• Demonstrated ability to develop requirements from the ground up
• Must be self-motivated, with a desire to continuously improve and learn
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects with tight timing constraints
• Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of review techniques and performing reviews
• Knowledge / experience with Quality process & Safety-standards such as ASPICE/CMMI, ISO 26262
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Systems Integration
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.