Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Manage engineering test and development teams specific to program or local site. Includes test planning, vehicle management, instrumentation, and test facility responsibility.
- Provide direction on technical issue resolution.
- Ensure prototype vehicle fleet uptime for the given program or locality.
- Support cross-functional testing and development activities with local software and hardware engineering teams.
- Manage Requirements and DVP test planning for an assigned program.
- Communicate technical status of program or location effectively.
- Build, develop, and maintain a strong team, ensuring they are adequately supported.
- Develop relationships across the business and externally to ensure the work of the team influences the vehicle and industry in a positive manner.
- Assist team in testing vehicles and the problem-solving process using first principals engineering.
This is what you’ll need:
- Clear understanding of test planning and management with experience in durability, reliability, and general development
- 12+ years of Engineering experience with at least one program launch
- Strong leadership behaviors, ideally with direct team building and management experience
- Efficent communication with executive level and the ability to make timely informed decisions
- Testing and troubleshooting experience is an asset
- Proven track record of ability to define, manage and deliver plans
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.