Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Manage engineering test and development teams specific to program or local site. Includes operations, the general test group and on-site development engineers.
- Provide support to teams that allows more efficient usage of test resources.
- Provide direction on technical issue resolution.
- Work with host site to enable testing and allow growth of test facilities.
- Support cross-functional testing and development activities with visiting teams.
- Communicate technical status of Arizona Proving Ground effectively to the Sr. Management team.
- Build, develop, and maintain a strong team, ensuring they are adequately supported.
- Develop relationships across the business and externally to ensure the work of the team influences the vehicle and industry in a positive manner.
- Participate in test and design reviews, advise using past experience and engineering judgement.
- Clear understanding of test planning and management with experience in durability, reliability, and general development
- 12+ years of Engineering experience with at least one program launch
- Past usage or work experience at test facility or proving ground
- Strong leadership behaviors, ideally with direct team building and management experience
- Efficient communication with executive level and the ability to make timely informed decisions
- Testing and troubleshooting experience is an asset
- Proven track record of ability to define, manage and deliver plans
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.