Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Design, develop and deploy embedded software for applications for the Gateway ECU
- Provide solutions and software deliverables to support hardware bring-up and verification for automotive products
- Develop software for various gateway applications including alarms, occupancy detection, and chimes
- Assist in software design and code reviews, while assisting other developers on technical issues, design choices and decision making
- Analysis of requirements, the architecture, design, development, code review, quality assurance and deployment of entire software engineering life cycle
- Work closely with other development and cross-functional team members such as Connected Car, Infotainment, Common Software, and Powertrain teams
This is what you’ll need:
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product
- Embedded software development and optimization
- Experience in automotive applications
- Multi-threaded and multi-core programming
- Real Time Operating Systems
- Safety critical systems (ISO 26262)
- Software development for systems with live sensor inputs
- High performance processors and platforms such as ARM, ATOM, DSP, FPGA, GPU
- Software development on microcontrollers
- SIL/HIL testing
- Scripting languages (for example PERL, Python)
- Software security
- Experience with CAN, Ethernet
- SDLC experience, from requirements gathering to implementation and maintenance
This is where you'll work:
Department: Central Gateway Module
Location: Palo Alto, CA or Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.