Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As Functional Safety Engineer - Software, you will be responsible for performing functional safety analysis of internally designed application software and/or platform software.
This is what you’ll do:
- Derive software safety requirements for the application software and/or platform software
- Develop safety analysis using SW-FTA, SW-FMEA
- Support the development of SW architecture for safety, including ASIL decomposition, freedom-from-interference analysis, dependent failure analysis
- Writing test procedures and supporting testing of software
- Documenting all relevant software safety requirements, analyzes, architecture implementation, verification and validation events for application software/or platform software for Rivian ECUs
This is what you’ll need:
- Over 1 years of experience developing safety software within the automotive or equivalent industries (e.g. aerospace)
- Experience with ISO 26262, with emphasis on ISO 26262 Part 6 and Part 8
- Experience in developing automotive software
- Degree education in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of integrity
- Experience working within a cross-functional team
- Strong team player; drive to exceed expectations and meet deadlines
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Engineering and Programs - System Architecture
Location: Irvine, SoCal; Palo Alto, NorCal
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.