Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As the Staff Technical Program Manager for Global Connectivity Management, you will be responsible for driving connectivity features to enable an always connected multi-cellular and multi-access connectivity to Rivian vehicles, thereby allowing robust connectivity for not only today’s adventures but tomorrow’s as well. Specifically, you will execute towards building a global connectivity management tool that allows Rivian to manage all aspects of connectivity spanning all carriers and connectivity types across our global fleet of consumer/commercial vehicles. This is a high impact role with meaningful cross-functional visibility as connectivity is the foundation in which all Rivian vehicle functionality is built upon. A ground floor opportunity to revolutionize the connected car segment with an always connected vehicle that uploads thousands of signals every minute. You will write project plans, working with internal and external partners of the company to create, organize and execute on the plans. You will also be responsible for reporting across the organization, comfortable working through ambiguity and work with stakeholders ensuring alignment on the goals at hand.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Work with design, cloud, in-vehicle and data teams to build a global connectivity management tool that will configure, manage/control, and prioritize connectivity across multiple carriers and connectivity types
· Ensure robust connectivity for all consumer and commercial vehicle deployments
· Support product features to support international and new vehicle model expansion needs around carrier selection, integration, connectivity configurations, and data privacy.
· Build out cellular/Wi-Fi diagnostic tools and capabilities to not only drive awareness of connectivity issues across our global fleet but to resolve issues without a service visit.
· Ensure timely development of product features around cellular and Wi-Fi data prioritization, including segmenting data traffic and setting vehicle/network policies, build out cellular/Wi-Fi diagnostic tools and capabilities
· Coordinate with internal and external teams to develop project plans, goals and milestones for empowering our customers to access Rivian’s products and services across multiple channels
· Track milestones, progress, dependencies and issues closely while communicating effectively to leadership and stakeholders
· Raise the bar in the organization by being a role model in identifying issues, owning and implementing improvements proactively
· Lead multiple projects simultaneously effectively managing prioritization of time, resource and scope
· Institute effective program management processes, tools and best practices to bring efficiency and support collaboration.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· At least 5+ years of experience in consumer facing product development
· At least 4+ years of program management experience
· Domain expertise in automotive or complex IoT connectivity deployments
· Experience with various cellular & Wi-Fi technology components such as 4G/5G, Wi-Fi connectivity management, and Wi-Fi hotspot.
· Background in Computer Science or Engineering
· Experience in rapidly growing businesses that have expanded globally
· Experience in cross functional collaboration and taking products from concept to market
· Superior organizational skills
· A genuine love of brands that are focused on positive impact
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Digital Program Management
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.