Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Support implementation of technical safety requirements at the application software layer and/or platform software
- Derive software safety requirements for the application software and/or platform software
- Develop safety analysis using SW-FTA, SW-FMEA
- Support the development of SW architecture for safety, including ASIL decomposition, freedom-from-interference analysis, dependent failure analysis
- Derive safety measures (e.g. Plausibility check, Memory protection) in application software and/or platform software
- Support and derive HSI (Hardware-Software Interface) content between software and internal/external developed hardware
- Support defining programming and coding guidelines for the software development teams
- Support tool classification and qualification across Rivian’s software toolsets
- Developing verification and validation methods to support testing of software safety mechanisms
- Writing test procedures and supporting testing of software
- Documenting all relevant software safety requirements, analyzes, architecture implementation, verification and validation events for application software/or platform software for Rivian ECUs
- Over 3 years of experience developing safety software within the automotive or equivalent industries (e.g. aerospace)
- Experience with ISO 26262, with emphasis on ISO 26262 Part 6 and Part 8
- Experience in developing automotive software with a focus on safety
- Experience with embedded systems
- Experience with C programming and/or model-based design using Simulink
- Experience with requirements management tools (e.g. JAMA, Doors, etc.), issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.), SW version control tools (e.g. Git, Bitbucket, SVN, etc.)
- Experience with agile software development process
- Degree education in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of integrity
- Experience working within a cross-functional team
- Proven experience working on multiple projects
- Strong team player; drive to exceed expectations and meet deadlines
- Additional experience working on NXP or Infineon automotive safety processors is a plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.