Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Work as a Sr. Firmware/Controls Engineer to:
· Develop robust algorithms for vehicle systems from a clean sheet, including software architecture, implementation, integration and test for various vehicle domains
· Research and develop novel solutions to controls problems that cover multiple domains including electrical, mechanical, thermal.
· Work with existing ECU teams to teach and enforce our coding and architectural standards
· Support and create requirements for OS task timing, stack usage, CPU usage, and operational sanity checks, and then implement them
· Collaborate with low voltage electrical teams to define and integrate components, check functionality on the bench and on the vehicle
· Develop embedded test code for testing all software components in an ECU, from HAL all the way up to the application, using either a virtualized SIL or physical HIL system
· Support technical meetings with team members and management to discuss software architecture, feature requests, and code reviews
· Continually push technology to lead and define the new state of art for control and system simulation
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Software Engineering
· Ability to develop and understand software from application level to base software
· Strong first principles background
· 3+ years of experience in vehicle and system development
· 3+ years of experience with embedded development using C/C++
· Experience with bus standards such as SPI, I2C, CAN, LIN, and Ethernet.
· Ability to take large concepts, decompose into realizable deliverables and work with team members to distribute tasks and execute individual responsibilities with minimal guidance
· Ability to thrive under pressure and time constraints, apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Energy Management Systems
Location: Irvine, California
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.