Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Work as a Sr. Vehicle Controls Engineer to:
· Develop algorithms for various vehicle domains
· Research and develop novel solutions to various controls problems that cover multiple domains including electrical, mechanical, thermal.
· Continually push technology to lead and define the new state of art for control and system simulation
· Collaborate with Systems Engineers to define vehicle, sub-system and component requirements
· Develop robust algorithms for vehicle systems from a clean sheet, including software architecture, implementation, integration and test
· Collaborate with low voltage electrical teams to define and integrate components, check functionality on the bench and on the vehicle
· Define and implement software unit tests, HIL, and vehicle tests
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Software Engineering focused on controls, mechatronics, or similar
· Strong first principles background
· Ability to develop and understand software from application level to base software
· 4+ years of experience in vehicle and system development
· 4+ years of experience with embedded development using C
· Ability to take large concepts, decompose into realizable deliverables and work with team members to distribute tasks and execute individual responsibilities with minimal guidance
· Ability to thrive under pressure and time constraints, apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Vehicle Controls
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.