Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Work as a Sr. Vehicle Controls Engineer to:
- Develop algorithms for various vehicle domains
- Research and develop novel solutions to various controls problems that cover multiple domains including electrical, mechanical, thermal.
- Continually push technology to lead and define the new state of art for control and system simulation
- Collaborate with Systems Engineers to define vehicle, sub-system and component requirements
- Develop robust algorithms for vehicle systems from a clean sheet, including software architecture, implementation, integration and test
- Collaborate with low voltage electrical teams to define and integrate components, check functionality on the bench and on the vehicle
- Define and implement software unit tests, HIL, and vehicle tests
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A Bachelor of Science or higher degree either in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Software Engineering focused on controls, mechatronics, or similar
- Strong first principles background
- Ability to develop and understand software from application level to base software
- 4+ years of experience in vehicle and system development
- 4+ years of experience with embedded development using C
- Highly experienced with programming and embedded systems; Well-versed with software development & C programming
- Technical understanding of electric vehicle architecture
- Previous experience in automotive product development or extreme safety environments
- Experience using Vector tools (CAN/CANape etc.,)
- Experience with bus standards such as SPI, I2C, CAN, LIN, and Ethernet
- Experience with automated requirements management tools (e.g., JAMA, Doors, etc.)
- Issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Versed with version control tools (GitLab, GitHub etc.)
- Ability to own tasks, decompose into realizable deliverables and work with other teams to co-ordinate execution
- Execute individual responsibilities with minimal guidance
- Ability to thrive under pressure and time constraints, apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Vehicle Controls
Location: Irvine, CA or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.