Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
· Develop detailed test plans and scripts to validate component and sub-systems for multiple technical domains within the vehicle
· Work closely with firmware developers to diagnose issues and perform root cause analysis
· Design and develop test frameworks and systems that can be automated and scaled for usage in rapid engineering development and manufacturing environments
· Develop multi-tiered test suites that ensure detection of regression
· Ensure daily execution of continuous testing platform and produce detailed test reports
· Work closely with other teams within Rivian to recreate, troubleshoot issues and review test plans and results
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
· 5 or more years of experience in Consumer, Automotive or Aerospace electronics or related industries that involve embedded systems
· Experienced in all aspects of System testing from design to manufacturing.
· Working experience with automated test environment /Manual Test benches, Test environment setup and debugging
· Proficiency with serial data communication including: CAN, LIN, I2C, and SPI
· Minimum 2-3 years experience writing Python, CAPL, C/C++ or LabVIEW based test automation applications
· Ability to thrive under pressure and time constraints, apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.