Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Speak up for safety issues and read across activities for actions and cases
- Perform development and design of various test fixtures needed for test
- Serve as resource to team on troubleshooting test setup
- Participate in design of tests and validation assessments
- Perform necessary steps to fabricate or procure materials and finished fixture parts
- Participate in DFMEA, PFMEA, DVP&R, DRBFM, Root Cause Analysis, etc.
- Support test activities as necessary
- Manage third party resources to fulfill delegated work packages including purchase requisitions, tracking, collaboration with.
- Maintain accurate and thorough records of all procedures performed
- Facilitate lessons learned workshops
- Communicate deeply and broadly adjusting to transmit information according to knowledge level or brevity requirements of audience
- 2-year degree in a technical field or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum 5 years industry experience
- Proficiency using CAD tools (CATIA preferred)
- Expertise in mechanical tooling and integrations (fixtures, coolants, and automated test systems)
- Excellent hands-on fabrication skills including machining, welding, grinding, etc
- Understanding of high voltage and, stored energy safety preferred
- Understanding of lithium ion cell technology preferred
- Understanding of commonly used materials in battery packs and battery cells (including battery electrolytes, active materials, light metals, plastics, adhesives, etc) preferred
- Expertise environmental test set up and test error proofing
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills
- Previous experience with electric vehicle hardware preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for relationships with suppliers and vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio
- ~20% Domestic and/or International Travel
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.