Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Write high-quality C code for Realtime embedded systems.
- Developing cabin comfort embedded firmware to control various thermal electromechanical components.
- Responsible to develop control strategies to meet all cabin comfort attributes.
- Support technical meetings with team members and management to discuss software architecture, feature requests, and code reviews
- Use unit testing, software-in-loop testing, and hardware-in-loop testing to ensure correctness.
- Drive firmware/hardware co-design for optimized solutions and schedules.
- Research and develop novel solutions to controls problems that cover multiple domains including electrical, mechanical, thermal.
- Work with existing ECU teams to teach and enforce Rivian’s coding and architectural standards.
- A degree in either Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Software Engineering
- Capable of delivering top quality C and C++ code in a real time embedded environment.
- Familiarity with thermodynamics and thermal systems for cabin comfort.
- Understanding of occupant comfort modelling is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in vehicle and system development
- 3+years of experience in vehicle firmware testing and debugging.
- Strong understanding of vehicle cabin comfort software.
- Programming experience (Python preferred)
- Good understanding of physics and how your code will behave on real physical systems.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and deliver technical projects
- Experience delivering customer-facing software and hardware.
- Familiarity with Vector and/or Peak CAN based diagnostic tools or ability to learn quickly
- Familiarity with vehicle communication protocols (DoIP, CAN, CANFD, FlexRAY, LIN, etc.)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.