Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian’s Digital team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g., vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun. As a Staff Technical Program Manager, you will lead execution of various customer facing programs and projects from initiation to launch and drive planning and implementation of core technologies needed to enable the commerce platform. You will write project plans, working with internal and external partners of the company to create, organize and execute on the plans. You will also be responsible for reporting across the organization, comfortable working through ambiguity and work with stakeholders ensuring alignment on the goals at hand.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Drive complex projects from concept to launch, articulating processes to help team succeed including not only managing risks but predicting them
· Coordinate with internal and external teams to develop project plans, goals and milestones for empowering our customers to access Rivian’s products and services across multiple channels
· Track milestones, progress, dependencies and issues closely while communicating effectively to leadership and stakeholders
· Help teams get to the project finish line collaboratively
· Raise the bar in the organization by being a role model in identifying issues, owning and implementing improvements proactively
· Lead multiple projects simultaneously effectively managing prioritization of time, resource and scope
· Institute effective program management processes, tools and best practices to bring efficiency and support collaboration.
· Lead project or program reviews, leadership reviews and hiring efforts in the organization.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· At least 7+ years of experience in consumer facing product development
· At least 8+ years of program management experience
· Superior stakeholder management and communication skill
· Demonstrated ability to keep things moving and see the big picture
· Background in Computer Science or Engineering
· Experience in rapidly growing businesses that have expanded globally
· Experience in cross functional collaboration and taking products from concept to market
· Superior organizational skills
· A genuine love of brands that are focused on positive impact
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Digital Program Management
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.