Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Work closely with the software and hardware engineering project teams to understand requirements
- Develop test procedures defining specific test setup requirements and instructions
- Define the requirements for the project test engineers to develop the required Special Test Equipment (STE) needed to execute identified tests
- Develop custom test fixtures
- Participate in lab equipment selection, procurement and installation
- Provide direction to lab personnel (both in house and at outside labs) in setting up and executing validation tests
- Participate in design reviews, requirement reviews, DFMEAs, PFMEAs and Hazard Analyses
- Create summary reports for all tests conducted and provide data analytics from the data collected during testing
- Create and manage potential software and hardware defects in defect tracking system
- Support technical root cause analysis and resolution of issues found during testing
- Manage supplier sourced component validation efforts and ensure reported defects are addressed and closed
- Support design reviews for Product Development & Change Management, Key Stakeholder - Reviews, Component Technical Reviews and Supplier Technical Reviews
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading automotive or similar validation efforts.
- Experience in test planning and execution from program inception to final validation sign0ff
- Understanding of automotive industry validation standards
- Expertise with environmental test set up and test error proofing
- Expertise in mechanical tooling and integrations or automated test equipment
- Expertise in instrumentation (thermocouples, RTDs, strain gauges, accelerometers, hygrometers, pressure gauges, flow meters)
- Working knowledge of automotive communication protocols (CAN, Ethernet)
- Previous experience with electric vehicle power electronic hardware
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills for relationships with suppliers and vendors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Self-motivated: Demonstrated ability to set direction and guide the team towards it
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.