Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead Design of gearbox and driveline components from concept to production release
- Perform research, design and development of components and subsystems.
- Develop and mature concepts from concept to production validated using a design creation process
- Create and work with suppliers for specifications and requirements of the components.
- Lead and liaison with suppliers and manufacturing for component specifications and definition
- Responsible for maturity and quality components and/or subsystem 3D CAD and technical drawings.
- Provide technical support and system analysis for root cause analysis of development issues
- Provide professional reports and documentation for the system with information provided by design responsible engineers
- Coordinate, lead and participate in design reviews
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering with a minimum 4 years of relevant experience required. Degree in mechanical engineering preferred
- Preferred experience in the following areas: Driveline, Transmission, or eAxle Fundamentals, how to interpret technical drawings, GD&T, Tolerance Stacks, bearings and housings.
- Knowledge of casting process for low- and high-pressure castings/housings.
- Knowledge of machining methods and processes for housings and structural components.
- An understanding of bearings, bearing types, and basic parameters of bearing geometry
- A general understanding on how to interpret and mature a product with results from FEA.
- The ability to work independently, and to lead, coach and mentor others
- CAD knowledge and working experience in 3D and drawing creation and modification (CATIA preferred)
- The ability to work effectively in a cross functional group setting, including essential technical guidance to support Senior Management
- An understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and how to apply it.
- An understanding of gearbox and driveline fundamentals
- Dynamic attitude with desire to learn and expand your knowledge and capability
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.