Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Creation and changes for powertrain assembly and components in 3D CAD in a PLM system.
- Lead and create the assembly 3D CAD structure and components
- Work with engineers and designers to create 3D CAD components and assemblies
- Create professional drawings using CAD software in PLM system with tolerances and GD&T
- Work with cross-functional team for maturity of 3D components and drawings
- Creation and development of 3D CAD and drawings of driveline systems from concept to production
- Provide documentation on design and assembly
- Coordinate and participate in design reviews
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Associates degree or equivalent training in Computer Aided Design
- Experience and ability to create complex models of structural and rotating components in CATIA
- The ability to work effectively in a cross functional group setting
- Expertise in the following areas: 3D CAD creation in CATIA, 2D Drawing creation from 3D CAD, 2D Drawing dimensioning and tolerancing, 2D GD&T application
- The ability to work independently, and to coach and mentor others
- An understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and how to apply it to rotating and structural components
- An understanding of gearbox and driveline fundamentals
- Dynamic attitude with desire to learn and expand your knowledge and capability
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.