Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead the development and delivery of High Voltage distribution components (cable assemblies) required to execute Rivian’s powertrain system.
- Lead design, development, change control, technical issue resolution and program Engineering deliverables.
- Develop 3D routing and packaging with consideration of device locations, connections and overall robust cable assemblies.
- Support wire harness and vehicle assembly builds from initial prototype through full production launch.
- Develop continuous design improvement proposals.
- Coordinate 3D design to package components and wire harnesses into vehicle’s environment.
- Approve 2D wire harness drawings.
- Define retention and covering components (convolute, tape, etc.) to be used on wire harnesses.
- Support new component interfaces and work with Purchasing and other engineers through development and approval of new-tooled components.
- Support Design Reviews and Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analyses.
- Maintain parts and assemblies through change control and final release.
- Provide internal support on responses for cost studies.
- Track engineering issues to support regularly occurring open concerns/issues reviews.
- Review Design for Assembly (DFA) and DFM documents for design adherence.
- Collaborate with Design Verification Process and Report (DVP&R) team to validate requirements.
- Develop and maintain program-specific harness Design Failure Mode and Effects Analyses (DFMEAs)
- BSME degree
- 5+ years of experience in related Low Voltage and/or High Voltage wire harness design, release and industrialization
- Favorable experience includes:
- High Voltage distribution systems
- Electric propulsion systems (Motor, Inverter, Battery, etc.)
- Managing BOM content attributes in PLM/SAP systems (Enovia direct experience preferred)
- Managing BOM variants and facilitating part revisions through approval and implementation processes
- Launching new models / products into automotive high-volume production
- Working with Manufacturing teams and suppliers to understand and implement DFA / DFM learnings
- Basic CAD knowledge; CATIA V5 / V6 strongly preferred
- Proficiency in GD&T, tolerance stack-up analyses
- Extensive experience in DFMEA, DVP&R and PFMEA
- Detailed knowledge of relevant manufacturing techniques / processes for both low and high volume production
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.