Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian’s Charging & Energy Solutions group will be developing novel solutions to our customer’s energy needs. This role will assist in research, analyses, and synthesis of potential new product offerings and markets, customer segments, pricing options. The intern will have a discreet set of goals for the summer, culminating in a presentation to Rivian Charging & Energy leadership.
- Researching topics around home energy-related topics
- Developing market sizing, competitive landscape, and positioning analyses
- Synthesis of data and inputs to form a POV on where Rivian should enter new markets or offer new products
- Recommendations to executive leadership team on energy-related topics, possibly including renewable energy, smart-home integrations, and associated residential products and services
- Currently pursuing an MBA or Masters in Market Research, Data Science, Product Management, Marketing, Economics, Business, Psychology or similar
- Qualitative and qualitative data analysis skills
- Interest in clean/renewable energy, electric vehicles, and charging
- Background in consulting, product or program management, technology, automotive, or energy
- Experience with creating and analyzing surveys, Qualtrics preferree
- Experience creating and building executive friendly presentations
- Enjoys solving problems and strives in a high speed and high energy environment
- Strategic thinking with high level of resiliency and patience
- Self-motivated and committed to deliver high quality work on time
- Personal interest in outdoors and healthy lifestyle is a plus
- Working Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.