Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Work closely with Engineering colleagues, Industrial Designers, and the Vehicle Design team to create new-to-the-world products across the Adventure Products category.
- Employ your skills and passion for human-centered design and design research to inform the look, feel and functional requirements of all products.
- Create concept sketches, mechanical designs, physical prototypes, and presentation materials to effectively communicate ideas to teammates and leadership.
- Interface with domestic and international manufacturing partners to achieve design intent, reliability, and cost targets.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 7+ years of industry experience, or equivalent
- Experience developing consumer products and/or customer-facing automotive components
- Experience partnering with design teams to bring design intent forward into production specifications
- A desire to solve difficult problems and create the best product for Rivian’s customers.
- Experience working with domestic and international suppliers
- A creative, first-principals, systems-thinking approach to solving problems
- Strong prototyping skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with 3D CAD, preferably CATIA v6
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.