Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead team to ensure the timely delivery of Battery system to support vehicle program timing, test and validation.
- Battery system architecture development for next generation system including:
- Lead Battery System Integration efforts in packaging Battery system in vehicle
- Lead Weekly Battery System Product Development Team meetings
- Lead Cross Functional teams in integration of Battery System in vehicle.
- Lead Battery System product development team in development of vehicle specific architecture
- Lead Overall Battery System layout and requirements development for Battery System
- Lead development of analysis requirements for Battery system
- Lead System controls and safety architecture development
- Lead Dimensional Engineering team in developing dimensional requirements for Battery System
- Develop timing and delivery plans Battery System.
- Management of part maturities meeting development requirements.
- Write and manage Battery System and component functional requirements.
- Manage PLM Battery System and component attribute data in Enovia, including meeting cost & mass targets.
- Manage and conduct CAD design reviews as necessary for Battery system targets.
- Ensure drafting, tolerance stack analysis, and GD&T are completed for Battery system and components.
- Work with ESS CAE team to define and submit simulation requests as needed for design validation and correlation with test.
- Participate and be responsible for battery component and system DFMEAs.
- Work with Rivian Validation team to write DVP from component requirements and DFMEA.
- Support prototype builds to execute development testing and support development vehicle program.
- Work with Rivian Supply Chain to quote and source production suppliers.
- Work with suppliers on component DFM to reduce cost and improve quality and reliability.
- Work with Rivian manufacturing team on ESS system and component DFA to improve manufacturability.
- 5+ years industry experience or 3+ years with Master’s degree.
- Experience work with vehicle team integrating product in vehicle
- Familiarity with lithium ion cell chemistries and form factors.
- Design experience for injection molding, forming/stamping, casting, extrusion, and composite layup.
- Understanding of battery system architectures, system controls, and circuit analysis.
- Strong fluids and thermodynamics background with working knowledge of energy conversion and heat transfer.
- Experience with automotive powertrain requirements, load cases, and standards.
- Experience with release engineering including CAD design, GD&T, and PLM interface.
- Strong oral and written communication for supplier engagement, program timing, and project management. Experience with automotive DVP&R cycle, requirements management, and issue tracking – JIRA, JAMA, IQ-RM
- CATIA V6 (3Dx) and Enovia proficiency
- MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project) proficiency
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.