Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Organize work requests based on workloads and knowledge base of peers
- Maintain a high level of communication with workshop manager, Prototype engineering and design engineers pertaining to workloads and team capabilities
- Assist in documenting all work performed
- Maintaining inventory lists of tools and equipment
- Creating and maintaining a work request system to facilitate a high level of productivity in the workshop
- Creating and managing timelines for larger projects
- Perform other duties as assigned, requested and needed
- 3+ years of technical work experience in the automotive industry. Electric/hybrid vehicle experience a plus
- 2+ years of experience in a service advisor, dispatch, or lead role
- Experience in a R&D position is a plus
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Strong automotive mechanical understanding
- Strong computer skills especially with work management systems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.