Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Oversee and configure all vehicle data loggers.
- Manage the flow and initial post-processing of all vehicle logger data.
- Coordinate the interactions between aftermarket data loggers, production telematics data collection, and external data acquisition.
- Develop, specify, procure, use and train others in use of, and maintain data acquisition sensors, systems, practices and databases for all aspects of vehicle measurement (thermal, strain, NVH, and digital networks among others)
- Execute Vehicle level design validation (DVP) testing
- Preliminary fault analysis and reporting (hardware and software)
- Plan and execute vehicle tests with a focus on instrumentation and data collection
- Liaison across multiple engineering departments
This is what you’ll need:
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Mechanical/Mechatronics background
- Embedded Controls knowledge preferred
- Experience working hands-on with in-vehicle data acquisition systems including experiment design, installation, use, data analysis and detailed post-processing techniques
- Direct experience working with CAN, LIN, and Ethernet vehicle data networks, including debugging and reverse engineering
- Racing/professional driving background preferred
- Experience with data logging systems (Intrepid preferred)
- Proving grounds experience
- Willing to travel upwards of 25% of the time
- Eye for detail with a focus on quality
- Proven experience with at least 2 major vehicle systems (EG, Electric powertrain, suspension, HVAC, Braking)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.