Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Build and grow a team responsible for monitoring and solving electrical, mechanical, software and vehicle integration issues across multiple platforms and locations
- Lead discussions decomposing large complex system architectures and concepts
- Work with test engineering and software integration teams to develop and optimize comprehensive sanity, functional, event, reliability, performance, security, voice of the customer and regression test scenarios and test matrices
- Develop strategic processes, best practices, documentation, tools and automation scripts for engineers and technicians to expedite and error proof frequent vehicle activities (sensor calibrations, fluid system fill/bleed/adjustments, etc.)
- Lead diagnosing and debugging vehicle software, hardware, electrical and interface issues and interactions
- Lead team’s local and remote vehicle fleet software management, including upkeep and troubleshooting
- Participate in system requirement setting, design reviews and technical discussions
- Hands-on technical experience debugging complex systems involving networked microprocessors and software controlled electrical or electromechanical devices
- Systems integration knowledge, including the HW and SW development process
- CAN analysis experience (Vector CANalyzer, Vehicle Spy, etc.)
- Experience with embedded systems, ECU flashing, software engineering
- Experience with requirements, DVP, software tools, languages, protocols and configuration management SW (JAMA, JIRA, Confluence, GIT, Python, C, Unix/Linux)
- Strong team leadership skills and desire to mentor young engineers
- Comfort with ambiguous problem definitions and complex, open-ended challenges
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and domains and collaborate with diverse technical teams
- BS or MS in Computer Science / Engineering, Electrical Engineering, SW Engineering, Mechatronics or equivalent
- Experience leading and influencing teams, especially in very technical areas
- Experience with Program Management, Field Diagnostics, Service Engineering
- Basic understanding of automotive functional safety (ISO26262)
- Experience driving prototype vehicles a plus, including limit driving and/or certifications
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.