Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead development and execution of battery design optimization through whole system modeling
- Develop the framework for automated analysis of vehicle drive cycles and performance requirements
- Develop and/or modify vehicle level “plant” models to support ESS design and development
- Collaborate with simulation teams to distill correlated simulation models into executable models for analysis
- Script and automate test runs and data analysis for presentation to vehicle stakeholders
- Run simulations on these models, to include analyzing their interaction with ESS models
- Generate simulation summary data (charts, reports, etc.)
- Use this summary data to facilitate requirements negotiation with vehicle attribute and simulation teams
- Work with vehicle simulation teams to understand their performance and durability profiles
- Adapt these profiles for ESS compliance
- Collaborate with other ESS Subject Matter Experts to drive ESS requirements development
- Minimum 5+ years of industrial experience working with EV propulsion systems
- Experience analyzing and creating vehicle plant / propulsion system models
- Experience with simulation tools such as Amesim and/or Carmaker a plus
- Experience in module/pack modeling is a plus.
- Strong experience in MATLAB/Simulink, Python, C programming.
- Strong high level technical understanding of ESS and HV Battery Packs
- Strong understanding of how vehicle level requirements for performance, range, and durability drive ESS energy, power, and durability specifications
- Strong technical background in modeling of thermal systems
- Understanding about the relationship between pack design and its’ performance and lifetime
- Problem solving skills, think outside of the box.
- Desire to work in fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about research/work; make extra effort to get the job done; Work well both in individual and in a team.
- Excellent communication skill.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.