Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Support Vehicle Corrosion Durability planning, coordination, execution and result reporting.
- Assist in planning and coordination of off- and on-site vehicle-level Corrosion Durability testing
- Manage supplier relations, including new vendor creation, quotations, and creation of equipment and testing and purchase orders
- Assist in test vehicle commissioning, preparation, and coordination with on- and offsite test location logistics
- Travel as needed to initiate, monitor and support off-site testing, including on-call timing for vehicle issue documentation and correction
- Assist in documenting all test results, including tear-down and component / assembly condition analysis
- Perform other duties as assigned, requested and needed
- Travel 25% or more
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology field or related work experience (2+ years of technical work experience in the automotive industry), specific corrosion and materials science experience a plus.
- Electric/hybrid vehicle experience a plus
- Knowledgeable in automotive components and their function within a vehicle
- Experience in an R&D position is a plus
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Strong computer skills especially with work management systems including Microsoft Office Suite, JIRA The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
- At other times while performing duties of this job, the employee will work in a standard office environment.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.