Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Represent EPC Product Engineering in decision making and sign-off processes regarding part quality
- Support troubleshooting issues related to End of Line (EOL) testing of power electronic assemblies
- Lead assembly plant quality issues related to power electronics features and drive them to closure
- Execute part concession deviations for power electronics in the plant
- Support new model launches and drive issues to resolution
- Interact with suppliers on hardware and software changes for change control
- Approve part submission warrant (PSW) data by taking parts through functional trials
- Support Drive Unit reliability testing at plant and report issues to EPC product team
- Partner and participate with Product Engineering in resolving warranty issues
- Responsible to resolve product design related issues by working with DREs
- Report issue resolution status
- BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of increasing responsibility at a major tier one or OEM releasing electrified components
- In plant vehicle launch experience
- Proficient with 3D CAD Catia software
- Experience with diagnostic tools and re-flashing software on ECUs
- Power electronics electrical testing experience with capable of trouble shooting
- Excellent communication, documentation, and leadership skills
- Strong emotional resilience and have a "can-do" approach to problem solving
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to achieve results with minimal supervision and direction
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.