Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Perform various part and assembly tolerance stack analysis and provide feedback to product engineering team
- Create GD&T best practices and tolerance stack analysis template
- Evaluate GD&Ts of supplier part and assembly drawings, and internal built-to-print designs
- Provide part dimensioning scheme directions to suppliers and review their 2D prints
- Manage and document component and assembly tolerance stack analysis
- Obtain manufacturing quality requirements and provide part dimensioning guidelines to engineering team
- Support Supplier Quality team with incoming part inspections and part quality issues
- Ensure produce design is optimized for dimensional control to meet functional and assembly requirements
- Support DREs to follow best manufacturing processes and Rivian DFM guidelines including GD&T
- Participate in Virtual Build events
- 10 years+ of GD&T analysis performance and possession of skillsets
- Automotive product development experience from concept to high volume production
- CAD knowledge, including ability to review designs within CATIA
- Familiarity with quality control process software
- Experience with statistical qualification of machinery, equipment, and gages, and the ability to improve and document our methods for completing these tasks.
- Lean, Six Sigma, 5S knowledge and/or exposure preferred
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional departments both internally and externally.
- Energy & curiosity to make things happen, seek out solutions and represent a world class brand.
- Willingness to travel, especially during times of peak demand
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.