Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are looking for a seasoned customer experience leader with experience designing drive programs in support of Retail. You will build Rivian’s Retail test drive program, providing customers with the opportunity to have a hands-on experience with our products. These experiences will highlight vehicle performance and EV education, tailored to be regionally specific. In this role you own the development of the operational playbook for test drives and KPI management as we measure customer satisfaction and program success. You will be a part of Rivian’s Retail operations leadership team and will lend support to other retail experiences.
- Design site specific Retail test drive experiences that optimize resourcing, staffing, and customer engagement
- Build the operational framework, best practices, resources and tools necessary to deliver the best test drive experience for Retail visitors
- Develop and own the Retail Test Drive Playbook, while leveraging best practices from the other Rivian test drive programs
- Define the KPIs to be used by the team to measure customer satisfaction and performance, and be prepared to improve the program based on constant feedback loops build across the Retail network
- Collect, organize and analyze site level and network data in order to create impactful reports that highlight our use of assets and resources procured for this program
- Partner with Learning and Development to create a scalable onboarding and training plan for test drive leads on Retail teams
- Manage and maintain compliance with all local, state and federal regulations as well as Rivian company policies and procedures tied to vehicle operation and transactions
- Collaborate with all teams working in support of customer transactions to amplify the transaction to delivery journey
- 8+ years in retail operations/sales and/or experiential/brand marketing, or similar fields, preferably in a direct to consumer business model
- Experience designing short-term customer experiences in multiple states (test drive/ride experience preferred)
- Operations management experiences, iterating programs over time based on data
- Exposure to the digital product design process a plus
- An obsessive approach to elevating the customer experience and commitment to taking every opportunity to over-deliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our community
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset and apply a scrappy and resourceful approach to everything you do. Solve problems and overcome challenges with creativity and ingenuity.
- Experience creating scalable best practices and playbooks. Proven ability to drive process improvements across all areas managed
- Ability to analyze data and report out findings that are actionable by both business and technical teams.
- Ability to collaborate, interact and influence cross-functionally and with leadership. Build relationships through listening, integrity, and trust.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, solicit cooperation, and achieve results through collaboration while managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Outstanding verbal and written communication.
- Ability and willingness travel up to 40% of time
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.