Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead a team of highly passionate engineers to Design, build and deploy multiple automation frameworks to support Software Organization
- Work with cross-functional and cross-geo teams to gather, plan and implement automation requirements
- Identify and resolve issues to increase performance, scalability and stability of systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related program
- Passionate people leader with proven ability to coach and mentor team
- 3+ yrs of leading high performing teams with successful delivery of distributed systems at scale
- 10+ yrs of professional experience as a Full stack engineer
- Expertise in one or more of modern frontend frameworks
- Expertise in backend development (Python, Go, JS based or similar)
- Strong knowledge of Relational and Non-Relational DBs
- Hands on experience with AWS services
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other orchestration tools
- Strong knowledge of at scale design concepts
- Experience with version control and review systems (Git, BitBucket/Gerrit etc)
- Ability to thrive under pressure, ambiguity and time constraints
- Knowledge of AWS services related to CI/CD/CT
- Prior automotive experience is a plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.