Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Be part of a high caliber Delivery and Field Business Operations team that builds overall fulfillment and Rivian fleet strategy with significant exposure to senior management and executives
- Build and adjust forecast and schedule, as necessary, for Delivery and Field Operations partners to optimize vehicle inventory strategy for customer and internal Rivian use vehicles based on sales forecast, production outputs, and micro/macro factors
- Develop and integrate bespoke commercial activities for use in complex regulatory environments
- Unify cross-functional workstreams and draft tailored reports for specific teams including
- Finance, Logistics, Retail, Product, Brand and Service
- Work hand-in-hand with regional fleet managers in planning and executing global fleet strategy to optimize uptime and utilization of assets while reducing cost per vehicle move
- Co-develop a system to optimize the last mile outputs of Delivery and Mobile Operations which will be a critical input into Rivian's Sales and Operations planning process
- Develop and maintain complex operational and simulation models which inform delivery strategy, market entry planning, and functional headcount
- Partner cross-functionally as a key input into Rivian’s global site selection and refresh processes
- Process complex problems into clear recommendations in memos and PowerPoint presentations for senior leadership
- Facilitate market research, internal interviews, and experiential audits to inform holistic planning activities without qualitative compromises
- Generate key performance indicators which track delivery performance and operational efficiency
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 10+ years of experience in global operations and planning or supply chain management including network flow optimization, inventory optimization and last mile optimization is required
- 5+ years creating and managing discrete event simulations and continuous simulations with applications to finished goods logistics, particular focus on vehicle transportation use cases is preferred
- 3-5 years in management consulting or banking is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical (Engineering, Math, Science) or Business Operations required. Master’s degree (MBA) is preferred
- Experience optimizing networks through the use of advanced simulation techniques and software, such as Llamasoft or Anylogic
- Strong financial modeling skills; including ability to conduct ROIC, NPV and ROI analyses
- Experience migrating static Excel models into logistics simulation software environments
- Experience managing a team of regional planners required
- Experience managing automotive fleets preferred
- Substantial background in project management and demonstrated leadership skills
- Strategic and effective communications skills and ability to delegate work across varying levels of experience
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Delivery and Field Operations
Location: Irvine, CA (This role is not remote)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.